Friday, November 5, 2010

30 day blog challenge...Day One

OK....so since I am still pretty new at blogging I thought maybe I would try and do the 30 day blog challenge and get me use to blogging more. We'll see...here we go!!

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts





Well I am Belinda and I am married to my best friend Tim. We have been married for 5 1/2 years now. We got married right after we graduated college. He's in the Army and we move on average every 2 years haha!! We (well I did...he was over in Iraq) had our first daughter on October 10, 2009.

1. I met my husband on a blind date (well group date). We are both so shy and barely said two words to each other the whole night. Luckily we had a very pushy friend who knew we were made for each other
2. Before we had Kendall we had two miscarriages. For the whole first two months of my pregnancy...I was scared to death. I kept telling myself...third time's a charm!!!
3. Tim drug me kicking, screaming, and crying away from Cincinnati when we moved to Colorado Springs. But given a chance to go back....I'd go in a second.
4. When Tim and I were dating we became very competitive with each other..we use to challenge each other in who could get the highest GPA...yes we are dorks!!
5. Tim and I decided to move in with each other...we got the apartment and he went to Seattle for a month...I secretively moved back home during the night while he was gone...I hated being by myself at night!!
6. I pretty much communicate in some way (call, text, email) with my Mom, brother, and sister just about every day.
7. Kendall's name was going to be Isabella...but when I looked through a book I realized it was a VERY popular name. So we went through the book again and picked a different name. I was so nervous about it at first but I couldn't imagine her with another name.
8. When Tim and I moved into together we left behind a dog at my Mom's. Tim wanted a cat. My Mom told us we weren't allowed to get a cat until we got rid of the dog. We told my Mom we found a stray cat and just couldn't find it's owner. That cat is Gunner and we found him at the Pet Store!!! (sorry Mom)
9. I love my daughter to death, but I constatnly battle with being a stay at home Mom. I keep looking for a part time job to be able to get out of the house a little each week. BUT I constantly battle with leaving my daughter, it's so hard!! I really want to work and do what I love AND be with my daughter..but that's probably not possible.
10. When I was in Junior High I was in the band and I LOVED it. Once I got to High School I HATED the director and quit.
11. I used to HATE to run..I mean REALLY HATE it. I started after my husband when to Arizona that first time without me. I wanted to impress him when he got back. We could go on runs together. I was up to running a mile and a half without stopping when he came to visit one time. I said let's go on a run...he mocked me the whole time and ran backwards telling me I was slow. I now run all the time and LOVE LOVE LOVE it...but NEVER EVER AGAIN will I run with him!!! Since he has back problems and hasn't run in over a year..I can't wait till he has his surgery and is cleared to run...I am going to run circles around him just because I can!!! HAHA
12. I watch too much TV. Seriously!! Tim had me tape so many shows for him while he was in Iraq both times that I am addicted. I LOVE LOVE LOVE reality TV. Give me an interesting reality TV show and I'll watch it!!
13. When we moved to Colorado I was so scared to go anywhere by myself because I thought I'd get lost. We bought a new dishwasher from Best Buy a week after we moved there and went to the one further away because the directions were easy!!! After we go the GPS I have no problems getting into the car..if I get lost I put up the GPS. When we moved here to TN I use to hop in the car and see where a road took me. Then put the GPS in and drove back home. (Yes I was bored!!)
14. I have an OCD problem with organizing. My husband hates it and makes fun of me ALL the time. He thinks I am crazy.
15. I also have OCD with cleaning. I can just get the bug to clean and it will be 9:30 at night and I am cleaning away. This drives Tim nuts too. Oh well..he always has a mostly clean, organized house!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way with cleaning!! Once it hits... it hits... and it has to be done RIGHT THEN. I am no good with waiting.

    I miss Colorado too.

    GLad you are doing this :)

    ReplyDelete